Typical cases of application / areas of entertainment law in Germany:
- Enforcement of contractual claims based on event agreements
- Termination of event agreements
- Default to perform an event contract
- Conflicts between the event organizer and the performing artist concerning the exploitation of certain rights related to the event
- Cancellation of a concert due to an illness of the performing artist
- Liability of an event organizer or event promoter of a music concert for hearing damage of visitors
- Liability of an event organizer or event promoter for other types of damages
- Legal protection for dress rehearsals, final rehearsals and previews
- Neighboring rights of event organizers and event promoters
- Permits by the German authorities necessary for the implementation of events in Germany
- Youth protection at events
- Prohibition on resale of concert tickets
- Ticket-Platforms online
- Event Sponsoring
- Agency Agreements / Management Agreements
- Tour Agreements / Concert Tours
- Pop Concerts and Rock Concerts
- Sporting Events
- Events and Trade Fairs
- Employment Law
- Trademark Law
- Law against Unfair Competition
- Music Law
- Performing Artists, Artist Agencies and Artist Management Companies
- Copyrights & Neighboring Rights
- Press Law and media reporting about events
- Social (security) insurance for artists
- Accident prevention regulations in Germany
- Performing rights societies for music (GEMA, GVL etc.)
Coronavirus: Imminent damage for organisers and promoters due to cancelled events
As a result of the ever-escalating coronavirus pandemic, countless concerts in Germany, Europe and around the world have been cancelled. Such cancellations have placed an enormous financial burden on promoters and with many having already been pushed to breaking point. It is therefore highly important for promoters to seek clarification on each individual case as to where the liability lies regarding the financial damage incurred. We at ZELLER & SEYFERT have many years of experience in representing promoters in legal and judicial disputes with their contractual partners (artists, insurance companies, etc.). If you are a promoter who has seen concerts or events cancelled due to the effects of coronavirus, do not hesitate to contact us.
Legal Representation of Event Organizers, Music Event Promoters, Concert Agencies before German Civil Courts
ZELLER & SEYFERT is a German law firm with proficient litigators who are experienced in representing event organizers, music event promoters and concert agencies before German civil courts. Our attorneys are easy to talk to and speak the entertainment language of their entertainment clients. They will help you enforce your contractual or statutory entertainment claims swiftly before the competent German civil court. Please just for a first evaluation of your case.
Legal Representation of Event Organizers, Music Event Promoters, Concert Agencies in Summary Proceedings (Speedy Trials)
In cases of particular urgency, our attorneys will quickly enforce the contractual and statutory rights of your entertainment company in a speedy trial (summary proceeding) before the responsible German court. Speedy trials (summary proceedings) can be commenced in Germany by event organizers, music event promoters and concert agencies based on the concern that a change of the status quo might frustrate the realization of their rights in Germany, or might make its realization significantly more difficult.
Our attorneys know the peculiarities of injunction proceedings before German courts in German and international entertainment law disputes out of many years of practical experience. If you would like to swiftly start enforcing your entertainment law claims in Germany, please contact our lawyers.
Defending Event Organizers, Music Event Promoters, Concert Agencies against Unwarranted Claims of Others
If entertainment law related claims have been put forward against you as an event organizer, music event promoter or concert agency, our attorneys will quickly evaluate the legal situation for you and your company. If your entertainment company has already received documents from a German court or legal documents from Germany have been served to you otherwise, an immediate response by a German attorney is regularly needed to meet all pending deadlines set by a German court.
Litigation is our entertainment attorneys’ forte. Our attorneys will defend you efficiently with years of practical legal experience before German courts.
Legal Representation before the Administrative Courts in Germany
The implementation of mega events in Germany usually requires obtaining numerous administrative permits from the German authorities before the start of the respective event. Also, in the course of an event and subsequently, German authorities may issue decrees which may further burden the organizer or the promoter of the event.
Our attorneys will first try to come to an agreeable and acceptable solution with the authorities on behalf of your entertainment company. If no acceptable agreement can be reached with the authorities, our attorneys will swiftly complain on behalf of your entertainment company against the burdening administrative decree with the responsible German administrative court. Speedy trials are possible before the German administrative courts. Our litigating attorneys will quickly act on your behalf.